Short introduction of Dahua and Hikvision
CCTV cameras or closed circuit cameras are security devices and there are many types of video surveillance systems available in the market. Hikvision and Dahua are the top 2 brands in the world, respectively. Hikvision has taken the first place with a global market share of 17%(2017), where Dahua is just one step behind by having a global market share of 5.5%.The products of these two companies consist of good features and they are almost the same in both. This is why it is often difficult for people to choose the best option between these two products.
SDM (Smart Motion Detection Technology) feature helps Dahua to analyze objects and trigger alarms to send notifications if a person or vehicle is caught. However, (SDM) does this using its advanced algorithms. It can differentiate between human and vehicle. Using its advanced image processing technology, it can recognize people with 98 percent accuracy.
HikVision has similar features, including the number of new objects associated with SDM and false alarm reduction, and the ability to detect their properties. Hikvision does this with vehicles using its ANPR feature.
Some common features in Hikvision and Dahua important for CCTV
Both items have 1/3 inch progressive scan CMOS sensors and so their minimum illumination is 0.03 lux.
Sensor: Sensor is an important element of CCTV cameras. It is Related to a CCTV cameras service providence ability in low light mood or Night vision mood. The bigger it is, the better a camera can detect objects in the night mood.
ONVIF: Features that ensure the camera is compatible with third party equipment.
RTPS: Allows non ONVIF elements (like: software) to access the security cameras video stream.
On account of taking the decision of which product we should buy or which one is the best, we can simply compare some features of these products.
Advanced system and Improvements
- There are a number of features to compare but firstly I would like to explain some simple points of view.
- Dahua’s user interface is more friendly. Anyone can easily understand it’s set up system.That’s why it is thought to be the best option for domestic use. But it can be used in other sectors.
- Hikvisions setting up process is a little bit complex.But once you get a good idea about it’s features and figures it might be as easy as drinking water. Also, because of it’s signal providing distance limit through technology (which is lower than Dahua) people use it in mostly shop, office etc places in security cases where less than 500 miter distances security is required. It’s Smart pss software is suitable for a laptop and a user’s.
Max bit rate option:
Now max bit is another comparable option where Hikvision is one step ahead then Dahua by consisting 16mbps while max bit rate of 10 mbps is served by Dahua. But this number doesn’t matter much as both of them are providing the facility more than requirement.
Motion detection :
This is a feature that helps save storage space and saves time when reviewing recorded footage because you only want to see some unexpected movements. Both products have basic and advanced motion detection features, however, Dahua is a little more advanced with the advantages of face detection, missing object detection, and discarded objects.
Frame rate and Lenses:
Normally the frame rate goes up and down between 20 to 30 fps. Hikvision cameras are played at 20 fps with resolution of 2688×1522, 25 fps with resolution of 1920×1080 and 1280 ×720. Dhaua’s minimum frame rate is 25 bps. →All two products have lenses with different focal length.Hikvision lenses are 2.8 mm,4 mm,6mm and Dahua lenses are 2.8 mm, 3.6 mm Lense.
Rate of Cost or price difference
First of all it has to be said that Hikvision is providing buyers with more premium products than Dhaua’s affordable products. Both companies produce different cameras of different price ranges following their features. So it might not be a wise decision to indicate any of this one item is more expensive than another. It depends on buyers’ needs. Because Hikvision and Dhaua produce products consisting of enough quality and quantity for the user.
HickVision’s software is impressive and so easy to use that even a non-technical person can adapt to it without facing any problems. This is a fact that Dhawa needs to improve.
Comparison of both of these companies one of best and model (avoiding similarities)
- 4mm lens
- Weight 500g
- Frame rate 1-15 at 3MP
- Angle of view 70 -light compensation DWDR, BLC
- Angle of view 70°
- Weight 420g
- Frame rate 1-20 at 3MP -light compensation DWDR, BLC, HCL -Angle of view 72.5°
Other common features such as the 3MP camera, 30m inferior distance, IP66 weather rating, etc. are available.
Just as we have talked a lot about the differences between these two products, we must have some idea about the general features of these two products.
- Both Hikvision and Dahua have the same type of resolution of 720P and their FPS is 25-30.
- When it comes to Night Vision mood both of their starting models can serve the facility of 20m(60.6Ft)clear view. •Both of them are made of plastic material.
- None of them provides the facility of replacement guarantee but there is 10-month to 1 year’s warranty available.
So at the end of the day after all these comparisons there will be a conflict in the mind of the customer about the excellence of these two world famous products. Because services that are provided by them are almost similarIn terms of premium products, Hikvision is ahead of Dahua, where Dahua produces affordable products that are suitable for domestic installation. So the decision of which product you will install depends on your needs.